Saturday, November 1, 2014

Forgiveness Prayer

Grant me the will to want to forgive... Can I even form the words Forgive me? Did I even look? Do I dare to see the hurt I have caused? I can glimpse all the shattered pieces of that fragile thing That soul trying to rise on the broken wing of hope But only out of the corner of my eye I am afraid of it And if I am afraid to see How can I not be afraid to say Forgive me?

Is there a place where we can meet? You and me The place in the middle The no man's land Where we straddle the lines Where you are right And I am right too And both of us are wrong and wronged Can we meet there? And look for the place where the path begins The path that ends when we forgive?

From "The Book of Forgiving" by Desmond Tutu and Mpho Tutu

No comments:

Post a Comment